What ASQ stands for?
“ASQ” is an abbreviation of “Alternative State Quarantine”; places, basically hotels, where travelers both non-Thais and Thais from overseas will be staying for 14 days after arriving in Thailand. ASQ hotels are located in Bangkok and metropolis, and in some other provinces, such as Burirum, Chonburi, Petchaburi, Phuket and Surat Thani, they are called “Alternative State Local Quarantine” or “ASLQ”.
After the process of quarantine, you will also get a certificate, as this procedure is regulated by Thai government according to COVID-19 pandemic control measures.
If you are coming to Thailand at these moments, make sure to reserve ASQ for yourself and your family, since this is one of the documents needed for an entry request at Thai embassy in your country.
What do you get?
Your experience in a hotel for 14 days during quarantine will be totally different. It may be less comfortable than regular hotel routine, but there absolutely is nothing like quarantine you have known from pandemic movies. As seen from this list, ASQ provides concerned standard facilities:
- 3 meals per day
- Hi speed Wi-Fi
- Welcome drink
- Private airport transfer from Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi airport
- 24-Hour emergency ambulance services
- Body temperature screening twice a day
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing by hospital 2-3 times
Some even include hotel facilities, such as yoga rooms, spa, swimming pool, gym, dining room etc. The more you pay, the more satisfaction you get, I would say.
Charge of ASQ packages
Because it is “Alternative”, surely any costs are on your own! Charge of packages for 14-day quarantine (Some packages contain 15-16 days) starts from 27,000 to 280,000 Thai baht, and of course, standard facilities for ASQ included. Anyway, the average price is actually just around 50,000 baht for all you need. Is it worthwhile? I’ll show you examples of the cheapest and the most luxury deals.
Princeton Bangkok Hotel – Superior Room
- 27,000 Baht/ person
- 15 nights, 16 days
- 27 sqm. room
- Cable TV
- 3 km. to Victory Monument, 6 km. to Pratunam Market
- Partner Hospital: Vibhavadi hospital
Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel – Two Bedroom Jim Thompson Explorer Suite (5 stars hotel)
- 280,000 Baht/ person
- 14 nights, 15 days
- 196 sqm. room
- 64 international and local news, music and entertainment TV channels
- Free doctor consultation
- Free 2-night gift voucher for Two Bedroom Jim Thompson Explorer Suite
- 1 minute to BTS Ratchadamri, 10-minute walk to Lumpini park and Central World
- Partner Hospital: Bumrungrad International
Road to ASQ
During this pandemic, customers of hotel industry have dramatically decreased. To survive and as it’s better than freezing the service, many hotels have decided to join the ASQ project.
But you know? It’s not easy at all to be certified as “Alternative State Quarantine”. Here are 6 components for Alternative State Quarantine:
Unit 1 Security engineering and communication system structure (Innovative ventilation system, over 100 accommodation rooms)
Unit 2 Personnel (Must be well-trained)
Unit 3 Office materials and equipment, and others (No rug and use germ-free materials)
Unit 4 Medicines, medical supplies and personal protective equipment
Unit 5 Management of community friendly environment
Unit 6 Hospital Partnerships and additional facilities
Moreover, there are 11 documents required for ASQ evaluation:
- Application and supporting papers
- Terms of reference (TOR) referring to scope of medical personnel employment
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) showing contract between the hotel and partner hospitals
- A copy of hotel license
- ASQ Flowchart
- Standard operating procedure (With pictures)
- Guidelines for telemedicine service and health insurance claim of partner hospitals
- ASQ packages
- Do and Don’t lists
- Daily schedule for quarantinees
- Questionnaire for quarantinees designed by the hotel and partner hospitals
After seeing the information, has it strengthened your confidence to stay in alternative state quarantine hotels in Thailand? Just be sure about safety and convenience during your whole stay.
See all updated certified hotels list here http://www.hsscovid.com
For more information please see https://movetravelthailand.com/move/5-steps-to-get-in-thailand